I recently took a five day trip to Tulum with my sisters and we had the best time. Believe the hype - it is a magical place! Packing for a beach vacation is always tricky for me because it's hard to know how much I'll be in a bathing suit versus real clothes. Below is what I wore the most on my trip and was so glad I packed!
1. Teardrop Earrings - when I'm hot and sticky, I always opt for fun earrings and rings rather than necklaces. These were perfect and went with everything!
2. Slip Dress - mine is from Beatrice Valenzuela. I wore it with my Birks on this trip, but I also plan to wear it to a wedding this summer.
3. Bathing Suit - I love my Sara Cristina suit. It might be my favorite one I've ever owned. All of her designs are beautiful.
4. Seaside Tote - it was the perfect size and I even used it as my carry-on luggage under my seat.
5. Sandals - I also brought heels, but only wore them once. I felt great in these.
6. Sling Bag - I always travel with my Sling Bag. This is the bag I brought out with me in the evenings and I tossed it in my Seaside Tote during the day.
7. Turkish Towel - we stayed at an Air B&B so I wasn't sure of the town situation. I'm glad I brought one of my own because I needed it for our excursion to the cenotes. It was much easier to pack in my Seaside Tote than the plush one at the Air B&B. The one I brought is no longer available, but I linked a site with ethical and sustainable options.
8. Cream Tank - I wore this Mara Hoffman tank with the pants below.
9. Sienna Ring - other than earrings, this is the only other jewelry I wore. A statement ring like this makes it easy!
10. Cream Pants - these Na Nin pants are a great weight for Tulum's climate. And they are so comfortable!
11. Bike Shorts - I brought a couple pairs (both from Athleta) and wore both. Once to the cenotes/zip lining and once for brunch in town.