I love supporting small businesses all year round, but especially around the holidays. Supporting small businesses is so important because they are really what make up the fabric of our communities. I love being able to walk to my local coffee shop and know the barista or walk into a boutique and discover new-to-me brands and makers. As much as I enjoy the convenience of going to Target and Amazon or the ease of going through Starbucks drive through lane, it would be really sad if the mom and pop shops, the ones who make our neighborhoods so cute ever went away.
And the small businesses that are e-commerce, like mine, often sell to these well-curated boutiques! Win, win! When you support a small business online or in person, you're really supporting a dream. And entrepreneurs like me are so grateful for each and every purchase.
So this holiday season, I'm inviting you to join me in shopping small! Here are some of my favorite picks, all linked below!
1. Cashmere Turtleneck (on my wishlist)
2. Cashmere Socks (love mine!)
3. Face Oil (I use this daily along with the Magic Detox Mist)
4. Candle (I love Morning Sun and Coast Road)
5. Doormat (I have one and love the look of it)
6. Alpaca Sweater (love this brand so much - their sweaters are heirloom worthy)
7. Regenerative Wool & Alpaca Sweater (love everything I own from Vincent James)
8. Fine Jewelry (minimalist jewelry, ethically sourced)
9. Cashmere Beanie (I have the balaclava from them and love it)
Here are a few other shops to take a look at:
Taylor Street: a new, organic, apothecary line out of Chicago.
Driftless Style: Kelsie has the best eye for artisan made goods
Everlane: great basics at a great price with a company trying to do things ethically and sustainably. Also has some good "For Him" options.
Freda Salvador: it can be hard to buy people shoes as a gift, but maybe something for yourself. :) Right now they are running a promotion where they are giving a free pair of slippers with the purchase of the Brooke Rain Resistant Boots!
Laude the Label: A clothing brand committed to ethical production
Go in person! Here are some of my favorite Chicago shops:
p.45 - Bucktown
Embellish - North Center
Winifred Grace - Andersonville
Hello Charlie - Lakeview
Cinnamon - Rosco Village
Felt - Logan Square
Wilder House - Wicker Park
Sunday Standard - Logan Square
Fleur - Logan Square
Nomad - Old Town/Near North
Comment below to share your favorite small businesses in your city or online!