Let's talk about holiday dressing. The holidays definitely give us an excuse to be creative and feel festive, but there is no need to feel stressed about what to wear. If you have the right foundational pieces in your wardrobe, you will likely have everything you need. Here's what on my mood board for Thanksgiving and the holiday season in general. Can you tell I'm in the mood to wear my favorite sweaters?!
1. Monochrome is always a good idea. A slip dress/skirt or a great pair of trousers (or these) with a cozy sweater (or this one - size down) in a similar tone is a classic combo. You could also do a sweater dress or this one. I would add a chunky bracelet and/or big rings like this or this to balance out the sweater.
2. Jeans or corduroys and a gorgeous sweater with the right accessories for a casual but appropriate look. I will probably end up wearing something along these lines as my family is pretty informal for Thanksgiving. Maybe this sweater with these jeans. Belts, bags, shoes, and jewelry will make this look feel right for the occasion. I love a big earring like these or these to brighten the face with an otherwise classic look. I will probably wear these boots.
3. These are a couple great examples of how to style a skirt for the holidays - keeping it chill but festive. On the left, the pleated nature of the skirt paired with a loose fitting sweater keep her looking comfortable but elevated. The sparkly flats on the right (these or these would have the same impact) are the perfect tool to keep a more tailored skirt feeling not so serious. A good hoop is an easy way to pull these looks together. And if you're not wearing a turtleneck, the this necklace is so classic.
5. A pop of red. Shoes is a great place to do this (these and these are so cute, but I also like getting shoes from The Real Real). Keep it classic (like with this cashmere turtleneck or this camel sweater) elsewhere so the red doesn't feel like a gimmick. If you're doing red shoes, stick to a minimal bag - like the Mocha Sling Bag or Black Sling Bag, depending on what colors you're wearing.
6. For something a little more obviously festive and dressy, velvet is a great option (Reformation has some good velvet options)! For a v-neck, visit the Necklace Bar or try the Cleo Necklace. And you'll definitely want the Chain Link Strap for your Sling Bag!